Interested in pedaling the Northeast coast with 100+ new friends & climate activists while supporting CMG? This is your invitation to join us on a fully-supported 5-day bike ride as part of the CMG All-Stars on Climate Ride. This incredible journey takes advantage of the best cycling in Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts. You'll ride along the scenic coastline by day and spend evenings with an inspiring community of people, all while making an impact on environment, sustainabiilty and active transportation causes. We'll be riding with an engaged group of cyclists and activists who care about healthy oceans and renewable energy solutions, too. It's a great way to network, make new friends, get active for a really important cause, or just take a break from the rat race.
And, as you fundraise to go on the ride, you're also directly supporting our CMG Action Grants program. While a portion of your fundraising goes to necessary hard costs for the ride, 80% of every dollar raised over that amount goes directly to Conservation Media Group when you select us as your fundraising beneficiary. Our goal is to raise $10,000 through this Climate Ride, which will allow us to provide one full Action Grant to a filmmaker or organization using film to create measurable impact in renewable energy solutions.
You can see who's currently on the team and our fundraising on our CMG All-Stars team page.
Sound like fun, but not sure it's for you? Our COO & Director Liz Smith did this same ride last year without ANY previous cycling OR event fundraising experience. She learned to ride a bike with gears(!) last summer and raised over $6000 for CMG and Climate Ride! If she can do it, so can you. She'll be on the team this year again and available to help you along the way, from training to fundraising to conquering the infamous hills of Maine.
MORE EVENT INFO
Ride Details: Climate Ride Northeast 2016
Route: Bar Harbor to Boston
Dates: September 8 – 12, 2016
- Join the CMG All-Stars team: We're creating a CMG team this year, so we can spread the word together about CMG, raise funds & support each other on the ride. Don't worry! It's not competitive. There are only winners on Climate Ride!
- Fundraise for Filmmakers & Activists: All of the funds that CMG receives from your fundraising will go to directly to our Action Grants program. Help us support projects & campaigns that use video to create measurable impact in ocean health or renewable energy solutions.
- Any Level of Experience: Climate Riders vary from serious cyclists to climate activists who have never biked more than a few miles before. Anyone can do it. We promise. Climate Ride staff is also available to shuttle riders each day if you've hit your limit. We believe in challenge by choice - everyone has their own limits and you never have to go beyond yours unless you decide.
- Fully Supported Ride: Climate Ride staff take care of all the details, so you can focus on riding the 50-80 miles per day of carefully planned routes on scenic back roads. Your personal belongings (sleeping bag, clothes, etc.) will be transported between overnight stops for you - all you have to do is ride & enjoy!
- Simple Travel Logistics: Climate Ride will be offering transportation options for participants and their bikes from Boston to Bar Harbor on September 7, the day before the ride begins to get you up to Bar Harbor. As part of our team, we'll also try to work out carpool and rideshare to get you there and back.
- Simple Fundraising Tools: When you register, Climate Ride provides you with a customizable fundraising page that automatically links to our CMG All Stars team page. You can use this page to collect donations, track your progress, and share your ride with coworkers, friends & family. It may seem like a lot to raise $2800, but we promise it's not that difficult. We'll have tips & suggestions to help you meet your goal.
REGISTER NOW (use promo code: cmgallstars for $25 off registration)*
- Be sure to join the "CMG All-Stars" team when you register; AND
- Choose only Conservation Media Group (CMG) from the list as your beneficiary.
- We'll have special prizes for our team's CMG-only fundraisers!
*Registration fees are non-refundable, so if you are uncertain if you want to ride, contact us. We're happy to answer questions! As part of this charitable adventure it is required to fundraise at least $2,800 by September 1st, 2016 to participate. After you finish registering, you are provided a personal fundraising page to begin collecting donations. Be sure to set it up and begin your fundraising push right away! Please also contact us and let us know your on the team, so we can include you in our team communications.